Learning to play the guitar is an exciting and rewarding journey. Nevertheless, as a beginning guitar player, finding the appropriate electric guitar can be an overwhelming task. There are several aspects to take into account, such as the make, price, style, and features. In this write-up, we will delve into the most important considerations to make when selecting the ideal electric guitar for beginners.
Pick it up your guitar and Keep Picking up your guitar
The most important thing to consider when choosing an electric guitar is its playability. You want a guitar that is easy and fun to play because it encourages you to keep picking it up.
As the saying goes, “the most important thing is picking it up in the beginning and keep picking it up and always picking it up and never stop making it up that’s the most important thing.”
So a great guitar is one that you want to play whether that’s on stage or with a metronome in your practice room.
Why Most Beginner Guitar Players Quit
According to a study by Fender in 2020 or 2021, within the first 12 months of a beginning guitar player buying their first guitar and playing for the very first time, nine out of 10 of those guitar players quit. The reason for this is that there are many roadblocks in the way of getting started playing the guitar in a way that is fun.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Guitars for beginners
When choosing the best electric guitar for beginners, the following factors should be taken into account:
- Brand: In the beginning, it doesn’t really matter what brand of guitar you play. You can get a guitar that is affordable, decent enough, and easy to play.
- Appearance: It is important to have a guitar that you like to look at because it will make you excited to pick it up and play it.
- Playability: The guitar should be physically easy to play. The neck size should be medium, not too thick or too thin, and it should be comfortable to wrap your hand around it. The action or height of the strings above the fretboard should be low, and the neck should have a little bit of bow, also known as relief.
- Features: The features of the guitar should be simple, easy to use, and suitable for a beginner. For example, a guitar with a built-in tuner, volume and tone controls, and a pickup selector switch will be helpful.
- Style: The style of the guitar should be suited to the type of music you want to play. For example, if you want to play rock music, a guitar with a solid body and a humbucker pickup will be ideal.
Choosing the best electric guitar for beginners can be a challenging task. However, by considering the factors mentioned above, you can make an informed decision. Remember, the most important thing is to pick it up and keep picking it up. Choose a guitar that is easy and fun to play, and it will encourage you to continue playing and improve your skills.